In the first century, churches were born as truth speaking, Spirit-powered communities to set people free and build them up. But we're seeing too many churches that have become entertainment centers, endless fundraising campaigns, afraid to stand against evil or expose corruption and false narratives, they aren't offering authentic community that reflects Christ or delivering relevant knowledge and life transforming skills for today's changing world.
- Focus on Christ-centered transformative fellowship.
- Obsess about the process of unlimited personal growth, happiness, and success.
- We want to make life the best it can possibly be and will do whatever it takes to get there.
- Believe that nothing is impossible with God.
- Grounded in the unchanging truth of God’s written revelation.
- Work until we get the results and outcomes we want.
- Not afraid of anything.
- Knowledgeable about the unseen realm and the Last Days.
- We're spreading freedom.
Our Approach To The Bible
- Jesus Christ is God.
- The Bible is true, historically accurate, and 100% reliable.
- New Testament Biblical Theology by Dr. G.K. Beale who is by far the best scholar on the Bible and Prophecy.
- Progressive Covenantalism by Dr. Stephen Wellum and Dr. Peter Gentry. Download PDF.
- If we had to choose a historic statement of faith, we'd go with the 1689 London Baptist Confession.
- Both the Old and New Testament are centered on one thing alone...the person of Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is not about us dying and going to heaven. It's about Jesus Christ coming here and creating the eternal new heavens and new earth where we will be with him forever.
WHAT A REAL CHURCH LOOKS LIKE
"They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone kept feeling a sense of awe; and many wonders and signs were taking place through the apostles. And all the believers were together and had all things in common; and they would sell their property and possessions and share them with all, to the extent that anyone had need. Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved."
The first team.
Athenticity Church is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization.
In 2015, God gave Jimmy and Catie the desire to build a 21st century church that resembles the church led by Jesus Christ and his apostles in Acts 2:42-47.
2015 - The Rippy family starts a home Bible study on Sunday nights.
The Bible study grows. People commit their lives to Jesus and get baptized.
2016 - Sunday morning services begin and they decide on the name AuthentiCity.
Board of Directors
2017 - A board of directors is formed to lead the church. We received official 501c3 non-profit status.
2019 - Authenticity finds a home in Rancho Santa Fe.
Move to the East Coast
The Rippy's get a head start on the mass exodus from California in May 2020 when the government shut things down.
2023 - The Rippy's settle in Nashville and re-plant AuthentiCity Church there.